Lifetime Warranty + Lifetime Rock Chip =The Best Deal in St. Louis!
Floyd Auto Glass to Go stands behind all of the windshields that we install. For 35 years customers have trusted Floyd. We are proud of offer a Lifetime Warranty against all glass and installation defects.
- Lifetime Warranty, backed by 35 years of business!
- Lifetime, in shop Rock Chip Repair!
It is Floyd Glass & Window’s commitment to their customers to make a determined effort to repair the windshield first. If the damage to your windshield glass is smaller than a quarter, Floyd Glass & Window will be able to restore your windshield’s structural integrity with maximum visual clarity.
The following guidelines apply:
- Lifetime Rock Chip Repair is up to 3 rock chip repairs and must be in shop.
- Service on the vehicle under coverage must be performed at Floyd Glass & Window’s physical location.
What does your warranty cover?
Floyd’s Warranty Against Defects in Material or Workmanship
Automobile windshield purchased through Floyd Auto Glass to Go are warranted against defects in material or workmanship for as long as you own the vehicle in which the windshield is installed. Any defects or workmanship issue must be brought to the attention of Floyd within 14 days of your discovery.
Rust & Corrosion
This warranty does not cover leaks, stress cracks, or related damage in connection with installations to vehicles having damage or rust on the pinch weld. While we will certainly attempt to remove as much rust as we can, the primers and urethanes used to secure your windshield were designed to adhere to a clean and smooth pinchwell. Complications arising from such conditions shall not be defined as defective workmanship or materials and are therefore expressly excluded from coverage under this warranty for such vehicles. In no event shall the manufacturer or vendor be liable for incidental or consequential damages.
Rock Chip Warranty
We guarantee that the rock chip will not expand further and that our work will pass any state vehicle inspection, or we will credit what you paid
A rock chip repair is an attempt to halt the spread of an existing rock chip. We are willing to attempt this repair on a chip that is smaller than a quarter, once it has spread further than that, it’s beyond repair.
To stop the spread of the crack, we will use a vacuum pump to remove all air from the damaged area and then force a polymer resin into the space. On occasion, this causes the existing crack to run. This is an accepted risk of the process and does not indicate an error by the technician attempting the repair.
However, If the damage to your windshield expands during or after the repair attempt, Floyd Auto Glass to Go will deduct the cost of the chip repair from the cost of a new windshield purchased from Floyd. Even though a chip run does not indicate an error on our part, this is our way of standing by our recommendation that it is always worth it to attempt a repair.
There are a few things that can decrease the odds of a successful repair.
- Moisture The resin used for this procedure is flash cured using UV light. The resins ability to adhere properly to the glass during this curing process can be hindered by the presence of moisture in the glass crack.. While there are methods to extract moisture from the glass…there is no better solution than to attempt repair on a dry day.
- Damage is at a weak point in the glass. Within an inch or so of the edge of the windshield or on a particularly tight bend in the windshield are weak points in the structure of your windshield. Damage in these spots have a higher chance of spreading when the resin in pumped in.
- Hot Windshield. Pumping cool resin into hot glass will often cause the damage to run. However, this is an issue we can combat. If you bring us a chip repair on a particularly hot day, please be patient. We will pull the vehicle into our shop on put cooling fans on the windshield. This will add time to the procedure but will increase the odds of success. This is also why we highly recommend against mobile chip repairs during hot weather.
- A chip that has already started to spider web. Damage that has already begun to expand is more likely to continue that trend.